Sunday, August 11, 2013

Thai Sticky Rice

I was feeling a bit homesick and was craving for "biko", a Filipino sticky rice cooked in caramelized coconut milk and brown sugar. It is a very tedious process and I wasn't sure if I could pull it off. So I remember when we were in Thailand for our honeymoon, thai sticky rice was one thing I had then and loved it!
I thought it was complicated to make as I wasn't so sure on how to cook the rice. But found this very easy recipe online and gave it a shot. I won't be re-writing the recipe in my own words as I have to admit I did not make any modifications on this recipe. I was worried that I might now make it right. So feel free to use the link as your guide. My husband loved it and my cravings satisfied. I think I will make it again in the future. Just a tip though, make sure to buy sweet Manila mangoes. Otherwise it won't taste as good. I kind of miss our mangoes back home. I believe it's the sweetest in the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment