Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Thai Inspired baked fish

After my short Texas trip, I went home with a fridge full of turkey bacon. I guess that sums up the meals my husband has been having while I am away. He doesn't cook but at least he does the dishes so well. So, this is what I made him for dinner. A thai-inspired baked fish as a treat.
I forgot the kind of fish we bought for this recipe. 
 Baking fish is the easiest to make for me. I hate frying because I don't like oil splattering on me and the kitchen gets messy every time. And it is not very healthy too. Try this one out, you might like it.

Ingredients:

1-2 Whole fish of your choice
3 Cloves garlic, minced
1 Tablespoon ginger, julienne
5 Tablespoons Lee Kum Kee vegetable stiry fry or Oyster sauce
4 Tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
1 Teaspoon fish sauce
1 Tablespoon brown sugar
Dash of black pepper
1 Tablespoon lemon juice
2 Teaspoon Lee Kum Kee chili-garlic sauce
Handful of coriander or cilantro for garnish
Foil for wrapping or if you have banana leaves for a more authentic feel

Cooking Instructions:

  1. Have your fishmonger from your local market clean the fish. It is easier that way.
  2. Make 2 slits on both sides of the fish to cook them evenly on the inside. Rinse with cold water and pat dry.
  3. Mix all the ingredients together for the marinade. Taste test and adjust the saltiness.
  4. Arrange the fish in a baking pan lined with foil. 
  5. Pour the marinade over the fish. Making sure to spread them evenly. Cover with foil and let sit for 30 minutes or so.
  6. When ready to bake, make sure to preheat the oven at 400 degrees.
  7. Bake for 15.20 minutes, Make sure not to overcook. If the fish flakes if poked with a fork, it is done.
  8. Serve with lemon wedges and cilantro for garnishing.

No comments:

Post a Comment