Sunday, February 3, 2013

Travelogue: Sumilon Bluewater Resort

I haven't seen a lot of post about this little island paradise in Oslob so I wasn't so sure yet what to expect. After our whaleshark encounter, we drove five minutes to get to the reception. They have a nice decent receiving/waiting area as well as a huge restroom/bathroom for when you need to get dressed or even shower before getting on the boat to the island. They serve you welcoming drinks while waiting for the next boat with tables and lounge chairs for convenience plus free wi-fi. They also have a guarded parking area for your cars if you're staying in the island for a few days. It's off the coast of Oslob about 20 minutes ride depending on the weather.  The sea was calm and nice when we got there.

Lounging while waiting for our boat has never been this relaxing. No stress. Just enjoying the view and the smell of salty air. Ah! summer came too early. 
This view greeted us. The docking area for the boats and all the guests who come to the island. A nice sandbar when you simply want to enjoy the clear blue waters. The sand felt a bit like the Virgin Island of Bohol.


From the docking station to the reception area to the Villa is a long walk. Maybe one kilometer away by foot and 5-10 minutes via the mini-cart. That's me taking it slow. Enjoying mother nature. 
 The infinity pool is lovely, isn't it? The view is just amazing.
 You can enjoy all the amenities provided by the resort even if you just availed of the day trip. Staying here is pricey. Can range from 5-15 thousand a night. Here's one of the guests we saw having a swell time para sailing for free.
 If kayaking is your kind of stuff they have it too. Just a photo op for me. I wasn't feeling sporty that day.
 Laying out on the swing under the tree. Perfect escape.
 My mother and sister-in-law having a lot of fun.
 ...and the husband too wouldn't let this opportunity pass.
 Ocean view. Can it get more beautiful than this? Paradise in Cebu.
 The reception and restaurant hall. This is where they serve the buffet breakfast, lunch or dinner. For the dy trip, we were served set meals. It didn't dissapoint. More bang for the buck! Five-star quality.

 Our view while having lunch.
 Soup and appetizer. Too bad, I didn't get to take a picture of the giant shrimp for the main course. I guess we were all hungry to snap away a picture. Haha! But it was really good. Great value for money. The day trip cost Php 1,500 per person which includes round trip boat transfers, welcoming drinks, and a full set lunch and free use of all the resort facilities. I would suggest to come here early if you want to try everything the resort has to offer. For us, we were here to relax and enjoy the view.
 Sharing our funny stories about the whalesharks earlier in the day. 
 I'd come back for the massage service. I would say for the price and the view, it's all worth it. Paying Php 1,500 for a 45-minute massage isn't that bad, right?
 I love the lounge chairs that were strategically placed around the resort. A perfect location to just do nothing or maybe read a good book.
 This was my favorite part. Laying out by the pool with my iPad was surreal. The wifi works by the pool so I got to update my social network while enjoying this view.

It was sad to be leaving this place. I think there was so much to do but so little time. I am even planning my second trip to this place and might even try glamping one day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment