Thursday, June 27, 2013

Blueberry Scones with Biscoff Cookie Butter Swirl

 Cookie butter is all the rage these days. Despite it not being too healthy in my opinion, (because it is made of cookies and different kinds of vegetable oils) still goes out of stock in most of the stores. My husband loves this creamy spread and maybe once in awhile, we can indulge in little sins to ward off cravings.
 I have a very small kitchen and I find it too much of a hassle baking from scratch with the lack of tools. I use boxed mixes for muffins and cupcakes every time I wanted to bake something. I came across this all-natural blueberry scones from Sticky Fingers at World Market over the weekend and decided to give it a try.
The instructions indicated to simply add water and mix, but I got a little bit adventurous and used almond milk instead of water. Put in a cup of blueberries and folded in 1/4 cup of cookie butter.
Baked the scones for 10 minutes instead of 15 as stated in the box. I think my oven was too hot and made the baking process a bit faster. I set the heat same as the instructions that it came with. Good thing I peeped in the oven after 10 minutes and saw that they were already fluffy and brown on the sides. Punched one of the scones with a toothpick and it came out clean so I turned off the heat immediately. Voila! They came out soft and moist.
 Perfect when paired with English tea. Oh, yes. Like the way Europeans do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment