Thursday, February 7, 2013

Cheesy Tuna Pasta

When I can't think of anything to cook for dinner, I make pasta. This is something I can accomplish for well under thirty minutes. Believe me it's fast and easy. Plus my husband likes pasta or at least he likes this version. I am not a big fan of the Pinoy spaghetti. Although I must admit I have sporadic cravings here and there for Jollibee once in awhile. This I think is a healthier version.

So here goes.

Ingredients:
  • Fistful of pasta cooked according to package instructions (good for two persons, I used Real veggie pasta) 
  • 4 Cloves Garlic, minced (if you like garlicky pasta then put more
  • 2 Tbsps Olive oil
  • 1 Can Century Tuna flakes in brine (this is healthier than flakes in oil)
  • 1 Small Pack of Clara Ole' Chunky Tomato with Basil pasta sauce
  • 1/2 Cup of Kraft Eden melt cheese, grated
  • Salt and Pepper to taste
  • Parmesan cheese (optional)
  • Fresh Parsley for garnish, chopped (optional)
Cooking Instruction:
  1. Cook the pasta according to package instructions. Usually 8-10 minutes tops. 
  2. In low fire put oil in the pan and then add the minced garlic. Let is stand for two minutes or until garlic smells good. This is done to incorporate the garlic into the oil. DO NOT overcook or burn the garlic. 
  3. Turn the heat up to medium and saute the garlic with the tuna flakes, juice included.
  4. Add the Chunky tomato. Let it simmer for three to five minutes minutes. 
  5. Toss in the grated cheese. Adjust the seasoning. Add salt if needed and a pinch of pepper too. If the sauce is too sour adjust by adding a little bit of brown sugar.
  6. Turn off the heat and toss in the pasta and half of the chopped parsley.
  7. Garnish with grated Eden melt cheese or Parmesan. Enjoy!



No comments:

Post a Comment