Tuesday, April 23, 2013

First Shopping Haul in California

We went on a shopping trip to Target earlier for stuff we need at our new apartment. It is very inevitable that we move in the soonest as I can no longer put up with the same breakfast menu at the hotel we're staying. Imagine having scrambled eggs, sausage, bread and waffles every single day? 

The weather was not very friendly with the clothes I decided to pack on this trip. I was too excited to bring most of my summer-ready outfits and not a single coat or warm clothing except for my trusty Gap blazer and this H&M scarf. I managed to not freeze the entire time we were out. Thank God!
Too cold, apparently I brought the wrong set of clothes. I'm wearing Insight jeans, Sweater under my blazer thrift-ed in the streets of Hong Kong, Marc by Marc Jacobs Tee Shirt, Gap blazer, Puma suede racing shoes, H&M bag

Looking for directions. Google map works here, thank goodness! He just got off from work. Hence the black shoes and pants and his favorite Nike sweater.

Trying to make myself warm while waiting for the bus.
 It feels like we're newly weds again. We have to start everything from scratch and the apartment we're getting is not furnished at all. My husband and I both think that we can save a lot in the long run if we rent it unfurnished. Unfurnished apartments already come with a fridge, a cooking range, dishwasher, heater and washing machine either in-house or in-site. We just have to buy the basic kitchen stuff and maybe a futon that will serve as our bed and our couch during the day. It's fun shopping for stuff at home at least we get to use it and box them up when the assignment is over. 
One of the many reasons I love Target. It's like SM Department store and Supermarket in one




Here goes our first batch of shopping haul and more to come this week. Wish us luck in our new apartment!

XoXo

No comments:

Post a Comment