Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Riri Woo Review In The Rhianna for MAC Summer Collection

After the gruesome experience of getting the Rhianna collection for MAC two weeks ago, I got the first shipping from the UPS guy earlier. I was kind of disappointed why it's taking them so long to ship the items. My husband ordered three batches of the collection since they limit your order to one per item in a single transaction. Bummer, right? Out of the three, I only got the Riri woo lipstick and the Hibiscus kiss blush and bronzer duo today.
 I've never worn red lipsticks before because I don't think I know how to carry it and I feel like it makes me look more mature. I was just not ready then. When I tried to swatch it on my wrist, I kind of like how it looks. Very Marilyn Monroe-ish..
 It is a retro matte finish and since I am no beauty guru, I've just learned from other people's blogs that the formulation for this kind of lipstick is very drying. Hmmm. Makes me a bit sad if that's the case. My lips are known to be dry most of the time if I don't constantly slather on some lip moisturizer. 
 When I opened the Hibiscus kiss blush and bronzer duo, I was not impressed. It has very sheer application when I tried it on my face and the color pay-off wasn't that good. So I skipped it and used a different blush for the picture below. I used my trusty old Milani baked blush instead to give me that subtle glow.
I think I might have found the red lipstick that suits my skin tone. What do you guys think?

Update: 7/10/2013 : This is what happened to her after a week stored in my bag. Mind you, I live in San Mateo California more specifically in the Peninsula area and I think it is utterly ridiculous that the formulation of this lipstick is just so bad that it melted even if my bag has not been exposed to hot weather conditions. I know it's summer but it barely hits the nineties lately and I haven't been exposed to the sun for so long that might cause the lipstick to melt. It's absolutely ridiculous! The sides melted and the Rhianna signature got smeared and I've only worn this twice. I guess I'm better off selling the other lipstick then. It's not worth all the wait at all. I just think they should have done better with the formulation as I have other lipsticks from MAC and this didn't happen at all. What a bummer!


No comments:

Post a Comment