Saturday, May 11, 2013

Road Trip to Palo Alto

After three weeks without a car, my husband and I decided to go on a little road trip. We had a rental car from Avis and we headed out to Palo Alto for a day spent on shopping, discovering places and trying out new restaurants.
{my driver for the day. very serious on the wheel}
 We went out early before breakfast so our first stop was at Mc Donald's. I didn't know they got mini breakfast muffins.
{i love that McDonald's got tiny breakfast muffins}
After our quick trip to IKEA, we went straight to Stanford mall for a bit of retail therapy. I love the open air setup. It feels good to walk around with blooming flowers all over the place on a good weather like today. The shops are high end and you can find almost anything here. They got Bloomingdales, Nordstrom and Macy's. What more can you ask for?

 Spotted this cute dog while shopping at Sephora. It's good that animals and human can actually shop together nowadays. 


{flowers all in bloom around Stanford mall}

{real-life playhouse, I wish I could buy them and ship them home}

{I am wearing a muscle shirt from Greenhills, Blazer fron Gap, Leggings from H&M, Shoes from Toms, Bag from Louis Vuitton, Watch from Casio, Bubble necklace from Greenhills}
 We had an awesome time browsing through the stores at Stanford mall that we forgot it was past one o'clock in the afternoon already. We passed by this restaurant called Babbo's that has a nice outdoor seating and decided to try it out not realizing it was a bit pricey when we sat down after we checked out the menu. Too late to back down and we were too hungry to even think of bailing out on the waiter. LOL.
{Wishing I was somewhere in Italy. Babbo's serve Italian and Mediterranean food.} 
The setup made us feel like we were eating somewhere in Italy. I just hoped that the price is worth paying for. I'm guessing it was good as the place was packed.

{Quattro Stagioni for me, it's like four seasons pizza}
{The husband ordered Focaccia Americana, Angus beef burger}
 The food didn't disappoint actually, as I finished the ten-inch pizza all to myself. Like what? That was a first, or maybe I was too hungry. My husband thinks the burger was well-made and enjoyed it too. So we'd probably give it four stars instead of five as the prices were expensive. It would have been better if they served sparkling water and the sourdough could be done better. Well, if you're around Stanford and you don't mind paying the price and you want a little less crowded area, this place is a good option.
{Very patient husband waiting for me while I was busy shopping at Sephora}
{Don't you just love this kind of mall with a beautiful outdoor seating. There's free wifi from the Apple store too}
{We had Pinkberry after shopping to cool us down}

 Today was fun! I hope you had an awesome day too. ;)
XoXo

No comments:

Post a Comment