Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Greek Penne Tuna Pasta


I can't live without pasta in my life. Can you? The ingredients remind me of a greek salad that I was craving tonight for dinner but since my mini pantry didn't have everything that I need, I settled for this.

Ingredients:
  • 2 Cups Penne Pasta (cooked according to package instructions)
  • 2 Tablespoons of Extra Virgin Olive oil
  • 3 Cloves Garlic, minced
  • 1 Can Tuna flakes in brine (less oily)
  • 1 Can Sliced Black Olives (rinsed and drained)
  • 8 Ounce Canned Tomatoes in Garlic, Basil and Oregano
  • 2 Tablespoons Feta cheese or more for garnishing
  • 2 Tablespoons Parsley leaves, chopped 
  • Salt and Pepper 
Cooking Instructions:
  1. Cook pasta according to package instructions. 
  2. Heat olive oil and garlic in medium-low fire. Slowly cook the garlic until soft and fragrant.
  3. Add in tuna flakes and increase heat to medium-high. Saute for 3 minutes.
  4. Stir in tomatoes and olives. Simmer for 10 minutes.
  5. Season with salt and pepper.
  6. Toss in pasta, parsley and feta cheese. Make sure to leave some for garnishing. Turn off heat while coating pasta with sauce.
  7. Garnish with remaining feta cheese and parsley. Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment