Thursday, May 16, 2013

Chicken Prosciutto Wrap

As you all know, I have this obsession with anything Italian. Most of my cooking research revolves around my love for olives, olive oil, pasta, tomatoes, prosciutto and the likes. At my recent shopping trip at Trader Joe's I had a sudden vision of making dinner with chicken and prosciutto. So here it is.


Ingredients:

  • 1 Pound or 3 Pieces boneless, skinless Chicken breast
  • 1 Clove Garlic, minced
  • 1 Stalk of Green onion, chopped
  • 2 Tablespoon chopped, Parsley leaves
  • 2 Tablespoon Olive oil
  • 1 Tablespoon of dry white wine or Sweet Rice wine for drizzling
  • Salt and Pepper
  • 3 Large Potatoes Yellow Potatoes, sliced 1/8 inch thick
  • 4 Pieces Medium sized Carrots

Cooking Instructions:

  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Drizzle or spray baking pan with olive oil. Set aside.
  2. Combine garlic, parsley and olive in a bowl. Mix well. Sprinkle a little salt and pepper.
  3. Slice chicken in half lengthwise. Pat dry, season with a little salt and pepper.
  4. Coat the chicken with the garlic-parsley mixture. Let it marinate for 5-10 minutes.
  5. Arrange the potatoes on the baking pan, making a bed for the chicken to sit on top instead of using a parchment paper. Sprinkle a tiny bit of salt if you want. You can skip it if you want to cut back on sodium.
  6. Wrap the chicken with prosciutto. Depending on the size of the prosciutto, I cut mine in half and wrapped two chicken breasts in one.
  7. Arrange the wrapped chicken on the bed of potatoes. Garnish with chopped green onion and parsley. Place the carrots on the sides of the pan. Drizzle with white wine or sweet rice wine.
  8. Bake in the oven for 20-25 minutes or until the prosciutto turns crisp and brown and the meat no longer pink. Enjoy!
I am not a professional chef but I just love food and I try to experiment on my own. I do a lot of research on recipes online and make a version of my own. I hope you like this dish and let me know what you think.


XoXo


1 comment:

  1. Wow amega you getting better and better each day! I seriously love your blog! I think it's high time you buy a domain :). Fashion and a food blog. like seriously! Go for it na :)

    Emma
    Ladysoda.com

    ReplyDelete